Did you know that background check services struggle with extreme 41% error margins? They don’t deliver complete records, or point you to another “source” of information while taking your money.
Inferior online services do not want you to know this, so many people end up wasting money on an online background check that is not capable of delivering the most up-to-date and comprehensive records available.
If you’re having any trouble locating a background check…I can help you. Why? Because I learned the answers the hard way…Through wasted money and hours of mind-numbing research. I know exactly the frustration you may be experiencing and can help you with the solution.
Background Check Companies Siphon Millions!
Right now… with hundreds of inferior online background check services literally stealing tens of thousands of dollars from thousands of unsuspecting individuals every day, there are two kinds of people…
1. Those who worry about getting inaccurate or outdated records…and wind up with them anyway…are hit with unauthorized credit card charges that take weeks to settle…and even suffer from identity theft!
2. Those who can sleep at night knowing they got the most accurate online background check available.
Problem is, getting the best background check service is like trying to navigate a minefield without being blown up in the process. I have been “blown up” a few times myself, and it isn’t fun paying a $85 credit card bill when all I got was an email with a bunch of useless crap in it, that I could have gotten from my pet Pomeranian dog.
Now imagine that you could get a map showing you exactly where all the mines are and how to avoid them. I have spent a lot of time sweeping the minefield and coming up with new ways to avoid the problems and know exactly what it takes to avoid being fleeced, and which services work. But first, check out the facts below for a surprising look at what you’re not being told.
Background Check Companies are not Telling you This…
They are plagued with numerous issues that they don’t care to tell you about because it messes with their bottom line…Simply put, they would make less money because you would be more informed.
Most background checks struggle with extreme 41% error margins and will not deliver accurate or complete records…while others point you to another ” valuable source” of information while taking your money.
Hundreds of inferior online background checks are used by thousands of people every day who have no way of knowing they were just hoodwinked until it’s too late!
Complaints are plastered all over the internet from people that were promised “anything on anyone”, but ended up receiving outdated records with inaccurate information that was nothing but a waste of money.
Thousands of folks have used various online background checks only to find they were unknowingly signed up for a monthly membership or charged fees that take weeks or months to straighten out.
Other people are lead on through offers for “free background checks” and wind up paying far more than they would have, if they would have just gone with a reputable service in the first place.
The worst part…others find their personal information has been auctioned off to the highest bidder! The resulting flood of spam and potential identity theft takes an additional toll and adds more grief!
My First background Check and The Roadblocks…
You will rarely find the insider scoop about the online background check industry anywhere because of how it negatively impacts the profits of all online services! This is mainly because the effort required to sift through all the garbage is mind boggling and most simply aren’t willing to do it.
What also doesn’t help is the review sites that promote complete garbage because they are in bed with the online background check services! This is one of the most serious problems online today…simply because nobody wants to tell it like it is. So what usually happens is a review site will pop and then disappear after some time.
We have invested years and more than 3,000 hours in evaluating online background checks…checking up on their data collection methods…dealing with frustrated folks who have been duped…reading up on all the complaints…and talking with managers of many different companies. Of course, everyone claims they’re the best in the business, but only the legitimate companies are able to put up with the pointed inquires submitted to them by our staff.
When I started my own online background check research…years ago…there was a seemingly endless array of great options. However, dozens of searches later…reality hit me good and hard, good service was practically impossible to find!
It took a week or two before finally selecting one I was comfortable with (Net Detective). HOWEVER, that one turned out to be a flop, and it took another week or so to locate a service I was halfway satisfied with. I’ll tell you what it is below.
I have seen it all when it comes to online background checks, and I know EXACTLY the frustration YOU may be feeling. I am keenly aware of which online background check services work, and which are not worth your time.
Few people have the time or money to test online background checks and the frustration that results from this is very evident all over the internet, and comes through very clearly with the emails and phone calls I receive.
Another thing that you won’t see everywhere is that even the best background checks will not always find the records you are searching for. This is also something I found out when conducting test searches.
So…unless you are using the very best services available, the chance of getting inaccurate records or no records at all is multiplied tenfold.
Adding to this, many also employ deceptive practices, such as billing you for records that you didn’t get, or making claims that cannot be backed up.
This begs the question… “Which online background check will deliver the most accurate and complete records available, and a good customer experience that will make you want to come back?”
Below are some guidelines that we use to evaluate background checks to demonstrate how exhaustive the process of elimination is. Nobody else is doing this, because it’s too much work for them.
Use them if you need to do an online background check and would like to select the service on your own. They will help you weed out a majority of the garbage that’s out there. However, be warned. We have spent over 4 years on this and am still learning new things every day. Many folks have been taken for a ride by otherwise legitimate looking services.
After looking at over 50 different online background check services, we came up with this list of selection points below. You may come up with more pointers. If so, please tell us about them.
- Does the company have endorsements and/or feedback? This provides outside validation, and shows people are actually using it in the real world. Check the BBB and Ripoff Report, but take an objective look as the feedback on these sites is usually only negative and won’t provide a complete picture.
- Do they have a satisfaction guarantee? This may seem obvious, but don’t be fooled. Be sure you can actually receive compensation or a refund for a product that isn’t delivering. Be sure you read the refund policy very carefully as this can be a very contentious subject.
- Is your personal information kept private and secure? This is very important. You are very familiar with Spam, and what a pain it is. But it’s also about protecting your identity. Look for the VeriSign, Thawte or Mcafee logo on a website for assurance of digital security.
- How long has the company been in business? Some have been in the business of collecting information over a decade, so they know how it’s done. This generally applies except in a case like Net Detective.
- What do you actually receive for your money? Most times you will receive a specific product such as a background check. Some companies offer unlimited access to their databases for a subscription fee. These are generally low quality. READ THE TERMS ON THE PRODUCT PAGE BEFORE FINAL SELECTION. exe: make sure you aren’t signing up for a monthly subscription.
- What data collections methods do they use? See if they advertise how their data collection methods function. In reality I don’t think there is a whole lot of difference between top services in this respect. However a low grade service will not have access to data brokering services that companies like USSearch and Intelius are able to utilize.
- Do they have reachable customer service? If they are paying someone to keep you happy that obviously shows commitment on their part. Give them a call to make sure there is somebody on the other end.
- Do they have About us, FAQ and Privacy pages? We have found that any service worth considering has pages dedicated to informing the customer what their mission is, an FAQ page, etc. In fact, a some of these are required by law.
Evaluating and grading each and every online background check using these guidelines can be extremely time consuming and frustrating. Unfortunately it’s required as there are very few services even worth considering.
During the past couple of years, many frustrated folks have also been asking questions that could save anyone who wants to do an online background check a lot of trouble if they knew the answers. These include:
- How do I know which online background check is the most comprehensive?
- Which online background check service works the best for others?
- Is it safe to enter my personal information?
- Where and how can I get the most accurate and up-to-date records?
- What happens when records are officially expunged?
- What shows up on a background check?
- How long does it take for records to stop appearing on a background check?
- How does an online background check actually work?
If you said yes to any of these, you have come to the right place. We have answered these questions countless times, but didn’t just stumble on the solutions. It took hours of frustrating research.
Some more frustrations…
- Background check services that yield no information or the wrong information altogether are a dime a dozen. The worst part? They don’t tell you their records are incomplete.
- I am very familiar with the frustration of trying to locate comprehensive service that is safe to use and know that most online services aren’t worth your mouse-click.
- All online background check sites proclaim themselves to be the best in the business. All review sites proclaim the service they are promoting is the best.
- One website after another offers the same rehashed lines about how 80% of background checks are scams, and that you should buy the one that I recommend because it will “find anything on anyone”.
Obviously, not everyone is right and not every service is the best.
In the meantime, no one is helping you actually get a background check that will help you answer those important questions. All they do is try to get your money.
I say this because not one single online background check ever makes it clear exactly what you will, and will not, receive in a background check!
Through my research I have also found that inferior and reputable online background check services are basically the same in price. The differences lie in the records you receive.
USSearch was established in 1994 and is the most developed and most reputable provider of background checks, criminal checks, court records, people search, phone number search, and other services.Complete the survey on the right and we will give an exclusive 25% discount on all US Search products.
Founded in 2013, Intelius is a behemoth provider of background checks in the United States. They have grown exponentially, and serve both the consumer and employer. They are the most comprehensive service alongside USSearch. If we had to recommend one of the two, it would be very tough as they are both excellent. Today we can offer you a limited time, whopping 40% discount on a background check from Intelius.